2006-01-17

Masquerade

On the plance back from NZ, I got to watch a weird Japanese TV show called "Masquerade". It was very funny, and I've never seen anything like it before. But then I don't watch much TV. The photo is a screenshot: one chap is a basketball player, and the other chap is the ball (his head; he is dressed in white because you are supposed to not see his body). As a screenshot it doesn't look to impressive: the skill of it is the way the two moved around, with the player bouncing the other chaps head realistically. Another very good one was of a snooker table, where ten people had coloured their heads and then bounced around when struck by the white ball. The contestants make all their props, and jumped around happily when their clapometer scores went up... someone should take it up over here. I didn't have much luck finding it on the web: the closest I found was this pdf (which also features "I’M OLD ENOUGH!": Very small kids are sent out by their parents to go shopping alone for the first time ever. Is that real? Could you do that over here?).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw some other clips from the show...amazing! Would love to find a site where we can watch clips of this.

Anonymous said...

I saw loads of these clips on the TurboJet Ferry from Hong Kong to Macau. It is called Mascarade. Search YouTube for Matrix Ping Pong for the brilliant table tennis game.